43 IDEAS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS
Advertise in the classified advertising section of your community newspaper.
2. Advertise in the Yellow Pages.
3. Approach your prospective customers over the phone.
4. Approach your prospective customers in person.
5. Approach your prospective customers through the mail.
6. Be a guest speaker at seminars and present on your area of expertise.
7. Be a guest speaker on radio talk shows.
8. Build and maintain a customer mailing and contact list on database software.
Build your image with well designed letterhead and business cards.
10. Design a brochure that best explains the benefits of your services.
11. Design a mail order campaign.
12. Design a point of purchase display for your product.
13. Design a telemarketing campaign.
14. Design an image building logo for your company.
15. Design and distribute a quarterly newsletter or an industry update announcement.
16. Send out email newsletters to existing and/ or potential customers.
17. Design and distribute company calendars, mugs, pens, note pads, bumper stickers, balloons, Tee Shierts. other clothing, or other advertising specialties displaying your company name and logo or slogan.
Design and distribute a free "how to do it" hand-out related to your
industry (e.g. Tips for conserving energy in your home).
19. Explore cross promotion with a non-competing company selling to your target market.
20. Explore ways to share your advertising costs using cooperative advertising.
21. Use other forms of advertising- newspapers, magazines, on radio, television, billboards, bus shelters, supermarket trolleys.
22. Follow up customer purchases with a thank you letter.
23. Follow up customer purchases with Christmas or birthday cards.
24. Have your company profiled in a magazine or newspaper that is read by prospective customers.
25. Hire an advertising agency or public relations firm.
26. Hold a promotional contest.
27. Hold a seminar on your service, product or industry.
28. Include promotional material with your invoices.
29. Look for prospective customers at trade shows related to your industry.
30. Look for prospective customers in associations related to your industry.
31. Look for prospective customers at seminars related to your industry.
32. Look for prospective customers in magazines and newspapers related to your industry.
33. Package your brochure, price lists and letter in a folder for your customers.
34. Place a sidewalk sign outside your store or office.
35. Place flyers on bulletin boards and car windshields.
36. Place promotional notes on your envelopes, mailing labels.
37. Place signs or paint logos on your company vehicle(s).
38. Prepare a video about your business.
39. Prepare a list of product features and benefits to help you plan your advertising and promotional campaigns.
40. Prepare proposals offering solutions to your customers' needs
41. Provide free samples of your product or service.
42. Provide public tours of your operation.
43. Sponsor a charity event.
If we can assist further, please email TotalAccounting as follows:
CONTACT TOTALACCOUNTING BY EMAIL BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK
BACK TO KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION CENTRE HOME PAGE